Search This Blog

2009-01-11

Who Am I?

Hello! My name is Marco and I used to be a fat kid. Really. At age 19 and on a 5'9" frame, I weighed 240 lbs for a BMI of over 34. I was obese. The other kids made fun of me, girls would do anything not to be seen with me, adults looked disapprovingly.

Then I moved to go to college, fell in love, started eating more healthily, and lost it all. Seriously, within 6 months I had gotten rid of most of my excess fat. I underwent the probably most harmful diet since Fen-Phen, but at the end, the fat was gone.

Well, it wasn't really gone. To this day, I can gain 20 pounds in a single week if I don't watch it. So I had to learn how to manage my weight over the years. It helps that I am a very active person. It doesn't help that I have a sweet tooth.

This blog is about a regular guy and the lessons he learned in matters of weight management. I don't know it all, so bear with me once in a while. But I went through it, and I know your pain, and I've seen the light at the end of the tunnel.

Comments always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment